RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

I've incorporated some exersize into my day. This is a good thing not only for my bipolar but for my waistline. Exersize helps to send oxygen to the brain and the brain is where the bipolar is generated from. I didn't have such a good week with the medication. I forgot to take the evening doses. But not to worry, I'm right back on track. That happens every so often. You can't beat yourself up about it. Luckily the medication is into the body so much, it dosen't cause to many problems. however, when I get so neglectful, I start to get the symptoms back. I find that alot of it is a mind set. Whenever I start to feel like the symptoms coming back I try to talk myself out of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment