RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My high school sweetheart

To begin with my sweetheart was the love of my life back then. He looked liked a model you would see in GQ. We were together for 2 years until I up and moved to California. We seemed like the perfect couple. He took enjoyment with beating my ass. He would beat me up and then expect to have sex immediately afterward. I guess it was his way of absolving himself. We would go away skiing with friends, out to dinner with friends, did all kinds of things and yet the beatings went on. Oh how I thought I was so in love. He would buy me everything and be so romantic but I paid for it all. I truly believe this contributes to my PTSD.

I just a quick note: through the entire holiday season, I weathered it great this year. Very stable on medication. One mental note, I still change subjects at the drop of a hat. It's definitely part of the illness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment