RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Thursday, December 31, 2009

the question "Are you taking your med's?"


Well it's another day and it's snowing out again. I wouldn't really mind but someone broke my shovel and I'm out a shovel now. Not to mention, I have to drive to stamford to celebrate the new year with Monique, my sister.

My younger daughter asked me if I was taking my medication? That's a frequent question when a family member or someone close to you, feels your not acting properly. Funny this time I answered her with another question."What do you notice is different about me","Why do you think I'm not taking my medication?" She didn't have much to say. Oh by the way Yes I'm taking my medication like religion.

Sometimes people think your not acting the way your suppose to be under med's. It's called being human. A person with bipolar is entitled to make mistakes or act differently at times. So don't down your self when the question comes up.."are you taking your med's?" people just like to make other's feel like shit, probably because their feeling like shit themselves.

Well everyone out their have a Happy New Year.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment