RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do you think your medication is working?


When taking medictions for bipolar illenss, you will notice changes happening, changes with your body as well as your emotions. You may notice right away changes in your emotions. The changes occur very slowly. Each individual with bipolar is different. You might not notice the changes all of the sudden, but they will happen. Usually others with bipolar will notice changes before you do, it's important to ask other's if they notice any differences in your behaviors.

When taking your medication for bipolar disorder you might first notice that you no longer get upset over certain situations as you did before. You will stop obsessing over things as you did in the past. You will feel comfortible dealing with everyday situations. Your mind will slow down and not wonder from subject to subject. When beginning medication for bipolar you may feel tired and run down but your focus will be clearer. Concentration will definately improve. You will experience the calm after the storm. It's an amazing feeling. Situations that once would upset you, don't anymore. You will see the difference between depression opposed to saddness.

I have been on medication for bipolar disorder for about 15 years and I have noticed all of these changes when my medication for bipolar was working right. It will sometimes take a number of tries to get the right combination of medications to work. But don't give up it's worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment