RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thoughts about Mania or Hypomania


Elevated moods that interrupt sleeping patterns, effect your appetite, changes your feelings about situations, and definitely changes your thoughts, self-esteem and confidence levels is a good description of Mania. Mania changes concentration and decision-making. Bipolar display mania symptoms along with depression but there's a possibility to only have hypomania, which is mania but not so severe. Some people go directly from mania to depression called cycling. There may be a time of what I call "normal". Some people just have manic episodes and don't experience any depression.

Some more symptoms of extreme mania are as follows: Bizarre behavior, definitely substance abuse, Risky behaviors, impulsiveness, racing thoughts (especially at bedtime), difficulty to focus and concentrate, and major elevated energy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment