RSS

About Me

I am a 47 year old woman who has lived with bipolar disorder all my life. I first recognized I had a problem when I was in the 8th grade. I went through a turbulant adolesence, which carried on into my adult life. I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was about 30 years old. So needless to say, I struggled with not only my family members relationships, but with every relationship. At that time, I was a mother of two beautiful daughters. Raising two daughters with full blown bipolar illness. It wasn't easy at all. I went for inpatient hospitization when I was 32 years old when I found myself wandering the streets, barefoot and in tears. After my inpatient treatment I went on to outpatient treatment. I have to say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. After treatment my life began....

Friday, November 27, 2009

Responsiblity of your illness


Being bipolar is not your fault, but we must be accountable for each illness we blessed with. Being fully responsible is very important. Bipolar disorder is not a curable disease, but you can become stable with the help from your doctor. Your treatment for your bipolar is your responsiblity. It is a commitment you must make to yourself.

Learning to live with bipolar illenss has been a huge part of my life, and I will be 48 years old this year. I made my lifelong commitment when I was approximately 32 years of age. I have found that everything around me has changed, every relationship I'm involved in has gotten better. Life before treatment was a merry go round.

I deal everyday with a daughter who doesn't expect that she is bipolar. That is a major difficult task for me. It takes everything in my power to stay focused on my own recovery. I have a strong will and believe in God. He helps me get through each day.

I love my life now, and you can love yours too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment